Monday 21 May 2012

Toasty Mondays - Hello Kitty nail stickers

Pin It Now!
You're probably wondering what the odd title is about. Well, I have something extra special to share with you today!

 This is Toast!

Toast is my new Ragdoll kitten! I have had her for just 2 weeks and she's the cutest and cheekiest ball of fluff. I've been wanting a cat for a long time and am so happy to have her. We decided to call her Toast because she loves eating buttered toast! Isn't that weird for a cat? I don't often have toast for breakfast, but when I do she's right there in my face, climbing all over me and trying to get her paws on my plate. So I let her some (a crouton sized piece) and then try to eat my breakfast as fast as I can.

So in honor of her Toasted-ness I have a kitty inspired mani for you today. I found these Hello Kitty stickers in a shop called Artbox in Covent garden. They have all kinds of other funny stickers from Japan and Korea plus lots of other cute things, so I picked up a few different ones. They have an online store too, click here.

In the Hello Kitty sticker pack you get 109 stickers and I think it only cost me about £1.50. Here are some closer pictures so you can see all the different Hello Kitty expressions.





On to the mani. I started with 1 coat of Barry M Black Multi Glitter over my L'Oreal base coat. This isn't the best polish and I do a review of it here in my next post.





I added stickers to my thumb and middle finger (these are my widest nails) and tips in white (Sally Hansen) and red glitter (Barry M). I wanted to stick with the red, white and black colours of Hello Kitty.




(aww, smiley thumb kitty)

Cause I was so disappointed in lack of glitter in Barry M Black Multi Glitter I added some Rimmel Rock Your Colour Glitter topcoat in Disco Gold. That's more like it.






Not sure if I like the mani with or without glitter better? Hope you liked it and my intro to Toast the kitten! From now on Mondays will feature Toasty to lift us all out of our Monday blues (well I hope she does) ;)
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. What a bummer with that black Barry M one, I really like the extra glitter!

    And your cat is just the cutest..! Look at those eyes ^^

    ReplyDelete