Wednesday 16 May 2012

Barry M - Silver Foil

Pin It Now!
Apologies everyone for not posting regularly, but today I wanted to quickly share this with you. I got this Barry M Silver Foil polish for stamping and I can say I've definitely not been disappointed! I also got the Gold Foil polish too, but that's for another post. ;)



Formula wise this polish is a little streaky, but with careful application this can be reduced a lot (hrmm ignore my index and ring finger ;), got dinked as I was picking up my camera). I recently found this great method for dealing with streaky polishes, and can't wait to try it out. After you apply 2 coats of polish and they're fully dry you sponge over the streaks with a cosmetic sponge. Hides the streaks completely! I can't for the life of me remember where I read this but will give credit where credit is due as soon as I find the blog post. (If you guys know who I'm talking about, please let me know and I'll link to her blog!).

I decided to use my Rimmel Blackout and Bundle Monster plate BM208 for the stamping. I really like the cracked mirror effect of this stamp. Also the more I use Rimmel Black Out the more impressed with it I am. You really don't need a special Konad stamping black polish if you have Black Out.





I hope you liked this mani, I just think that the BM208 shatter pattern is so versatile. I know I'm going to be using it a lot. Which stamping plate is your favorite (it's hard to choose just one isn't. How about top 5 then?)?
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. The Barry m silver and gold foil didn't work very well for me has I found them a bit streaky but they are great for stamping :)

    ReplyDelete