Wednesday 9 May 2012

Sally Hansen french manicure kit in Sheerly Opal

Pin It Now!
Hi everyone! A quick mini post today. I wanted to show you guys one of the first polish sets I bought - a Sally Hansen french manicure kit in Sheerly Opal.

This kit comes with two polishes, Natural White for the tips and Sheerly Opal (an iridescent light pink). I wanted to try out using a classic french manicure kit with tip guides and this kit came with both straight guides and curved ones. It also came with instructions for french manicure newbies like me. ;)

Here's how it turned out.


(Pay no attention to the index finger nail - said in Wizard of Oz voice) I placed the tip guide stupidly!

Also I wasn't quite fast enough at removing the nail guides before the white polish dried so my edges are a bit jagged.

What I like was that the Sheerly Opal colour has this lovely shine and light blue to pink duochrome effect. It's a work appropriate polish with a subtle hint of personality. I'd wear this polish just on it's own too.


What I didn't like is that the white polish was so "chalky" and streaky to apply. Still, waste not want not - I've used the white loads for stamping. All in all not a bad for my first Sally Hansen kit.

Do any of you use french manicure kits or guides? Any you would recommend?
Pin It Now!

1 comment: